“Intensive therapy” is also referred to as “Power Weekends,”. Intensive marriage counseling encompasses two to three full days, six or seven hours per day, with shorter follow-up sessions afterward as needed. “Power Weekends” are designed for people who must travel to be seen by us, and/or for professional clients who have difficulty scheduling weekly sessions into their lives. Because of these reasons, we offer these intensive "Power Weekends" that last for several consecutive days. Prior to coming in, you both will separately complete the Gottman assessment packet. The packet contains several questionnaires about the current state of your relationship, as well as, what it is you hope to achieve during therapy. We counsel/coach as a couple to provide a balanced perspective from both points of view and also to provide extra attention during this compact time frame. Michelle and I will conduct a brief interview over the phone and review your questionnaire answers prior to the session. This allows us to set goals ahead of time.
The following criteria would preclude a couple from doing a couples counseling “Power Weekend” as they would need more intensive private therapy and/or individual therapy or intervention:
· If there is active alcohol and/or drug addiction that is not being addressed by a recovery program.
· If there is serious violence in your relationship, threats by one or both partners that serious violence might occur, or fear of serious violence.
· If either partner currently has an untreated major mental illness (schizophrenia, bipolar, or dissociative identity disorder.)
· If there is an undisclosed, or current affair that either partner is unwilling to give up
· If either partner is currently experiencing suicidal or homicidal thoughts, or has a history of serious suicide attempts or harm to others.
The rate for “Power Weekends” is a onetime fee that is paid in full prior to service and includes:
· Two individuals virtual sessions (1 each person) before traveling.
· One couple's Virtual session before traveling
· 2/3 days of intense therapy approximately 6 hours per day.
· One follow up sessions via virtual
The cost of travel, hotel, transportation and food is not included.
REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY: A 50% retainer (non-refundable) is required to guarantee your reservation. This retainer will be applied to the final payment, which is due 90 days prior to the Power Weekend. 100% of the balance is non-refundable if cancelled within 30 days of the Power Weekend. If a Power Weekend is scheduled within 90 days or less before the weekend begins, then 100% of the fee will be charged and will be non-fundable upon booking.
Call 425-358-8558 for more information, pricing and availability.
Call us today: 425-358-8558
Copyright © 2017 Art of Loving Center LLC- All Rights Reserved.
If this is an emergency call : 866-427-4747 or 911